Ammunition Vending Machines Appear in Grocery Stores

mister_coffee

Re: Ammunition Vending Machines Appear in Grocery Stores

Post by mister_coffee »

Cell phones as tracking and surveillance devices are kind of frightening, yes. But they are really only the tip of the iceberg on how much surveillance infrastructure has been built out and for the most part, not yet used or abused to the degree it could be. Most people would freak out if they realized what has happened to us.

Cell phones probably aren't as big a deal as the fact that since COVID we have moved away from cash in a big way. So for most of us nearly all of our purchases and buying habits are perfectly tracked by multiple organizations that are not our friends and do not have our best interests in mind. Even more so if you are trying to have your purchases not tracked it becomes pretty obvious.

You can describe "AI" as using very sophisticated mathematical (and statistical) techniques to tease patterns and trends out of really large and complex datasets. We now have those datasets and we can use mass-marketed video game hardware to have the compute power available cheaply to exploit those techniques. My own opinion is that "AI" is scary not because it is going to take over and kill us all off on its own, but that unscrupulous and foolish people are going to use it to accomplish exactly the same thing.
:arrow: David Bonn :idea:
Jingles

Post by Jingles »

Pearl I'm talking about the RFID chip implant rumor even before covid was around back in the mid to late 80's early 90's, also about the time was rumored everyone would need to submit a DNA sample. Although do have implanted RFID chips for animals ( dogs, cats, horses) just not tracking chips , that I'm aware of but sure they can be.
Let's add a little reminiscence of what was thought to be science fiction at the time but has in fact become, not only possible but almost a must have reality
Star Trek communicators where Captain Kirk would call the enterprise and able to verbally and visually communicate back and forth. Cell phones

Still waiting for the transporter beams

Back in the 60's when they said that future cars would drive themselves and or follow a radio signal transmitting wire embedded in the highway.

Would not need snow removal equipment for roads as they would be clear in the winter because of solar powered heating elements in the roads
PAL

Post by PAL »

Absolutely right about people not paying attention and a pissing match. I agree with you there. Yes, big conspiracy theory about the Covid shot having chips in it or some nonsense. Read the paper, see what long Covid can do to a person.
Maybe this subject is exhausted and we should get back to the real trouble that Project 2025 presents.
Pearl Cherrington
Jingles

Post by Jingles »

Whoa people this topic has turned into a school yard pissing contest to see who the bigger bully is, or who can make the biggest puddle.

Pearl it wasn't that long ago there were rumors about implanting RFID chips, but in actuality now not needed with everyone, or most everyone, walking around with their cell phone either stuck to their ear, jammed in their pocket or busy texting someone while crossing a street without paying any attention to their surroundings or oncoming traffic
dorankj

Post by dorankj »

Yeah I’m quite a monster! Buggah, buggah! Haha
PAL

Post by PAL »

Jingles I've been thinking about your post about checking the age of the person. I think they, they being the Trump Organization, have plans to put a chip in everyone that is 21 and older. No problems with the vending machines not knowing a person's age.

"pushing the envelope too far." This is the Trump world. You will vote for him, even though you don't like what he is saying and doing or not doing.
What choice do you have? Well, what choice do I have?
Let's get him in, then people will realize that the Lincoln Project was right about his regime. And Project 2025 will be implemented. Comstock Act will be revived.
But you know, statistics show the sterilization rates of women have increased, by choice I might add.

I wonder if a person is limited to how many rounds they can buy out of one of those machines and how often can ammo be purchased?
Pearl Cherrington
dorankj

Post by dorankj »

Ditto Mister coffee.
dorankj

Post by dorankj »

You have ZERO logic and yes, you’re very much a dumba**!
just-jim

Post by just-jim »

dorankj wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 7:10 am Jim, how do you get to put words in my mouth (that I’ve never said) and then try and hold me accountable for your lies and projection? Your type are far bigger liars than Trump who you rant and rave about. So once again, go f*** yourself!
They were examples of your apparent ‘logic’…no where did I claim them to be quotes. You have used such ‘logic’ in this thread and others, repeatedly.

Examples:

quote=dorankj post_id=14049 time=1720449313 user_id=160]
…..You used to get a free gun rack and Winchester from Chevy when you bought a truck! Many kids had guns in their rigs for all to see when I went to school and magically we never had any school shootings….
[/quote]

quote=dorankj post_id=14059 time=1720468339 user_id=160]
…..You obviously know very little about guns and gun statistics ( most murders are done with pistols and most shootings are suicide, the scary AR 15 is barely a blip on the statistics)….
[/quote]

….are ALL the sort of arguments you typically use to belittle and dismiss something you don’t like. It’s always…‘don’t look here - look over THERE’ - with you. Then you like to try to walk back your bullsh*t arguments; but then you do it again and again.

Also, I’m tired of your name calling. You have called me, and others, names like;
-dumb*ss
-dumbsh*t
-dipsh*t
-azzh*le
-jack*azz
-arse
-a whiny b*tch
-f*cker….
-and now, F**k You…..

…for merely pointing that your lame arguments have no basis in fact, no citation, no logic, etc etc. You have nothing to fall back on other than your REPEATED name calling…..over and over, again and again..

I can swear, too. Bite Me, B*TCH!
mister_coffee

Post by mister_coffee »

We aren't obligated to tolerate everything. Quite the opposite, in fact.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paradox_o ... ith%20them.
The paradox of tolerance states that if a society's practice of tolerance is inclusive of the intolerant, intolerance will ultimately dominate, eliminating the tolerant and the practice of tolerance with them. Karl Popper describes the paradox as arising from the fact that, in order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must retain the right to be intolerant of intolerance.
dorankj

Post by dorankj »

Gee, I wonder why PAL y-all are so nice here to people who have different opinions/views! So very tolerant.
PAL

Post by PAL »

Jeesh, Ray, ya get some grief for just posting an article you thought was interesting. Ken has some real hostilities about this, it appears. Must just be angry about alot of stuff, huh. At least he comes across that way.
Pearl Cherrington
dorankj

Post by dorankj »

But I DON’T put false words in your mouth pretending you actually said them and call you a ‘monster’ for things you never actually said.
pasayten

Post by pasayten »

dorankj wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 2:40 pm Posting this article here, to this group seems to indicate you think this a bad idea and we should be outraged at it. Jim says I want babies to die after they are born! Talk about comparing apples to rutabagas. Now Ray re-read mister coffee’s last statement again. So you can buzz off too Ray!
I post many articles here... I just found this article very interesting... Ammo from a vending machine... That's all... FYI, I do own an AR-15 and have plenty of ammo... Both regular and armor piercing... :roll: :roll: :roll:
pasayten
Ray Peterson
dorankj

Post by dorankj »

Posting this article here, to this group seems to indicate you think this a bad idea and we should be outraged at it. Jim says I want babies to die after they are born! Talk about comparing apples to rutabagas. Now Ray re-read mister coffee’s last statement again. So you can buzz off too Ray!
mister_coffee

Post by mister_coffee »

A common projection people of both fascists and abusive people is to argue that "everybody is lying" and that nobody can know what the truth is. Just saying.
pasayten

Post by pasayten »

dorankj wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 7:10 am Jim, how do you get to put words in my mouth (that I’ve never said) and then try and hold me accountable for your lies and projection? Your type are far bigger liars than Trump who you rant and rave about. So once again, go f*** yourself!
You did the exact same thing to me for this thread... interpret my words and project my intention... as you usually like to say... you jack wagon... :D :D :D
pasayten
Ray Peterson
mister_coffee

Post by mister_coffee »

I think these gadgets could make for a hilarious move scene. I'm imagining a gun battle in a store where the hero runs out of ammo and then uses one of these machines to reload.
dorankj

Post by dorankj »

Jim, how do you get to put words in my mouth (that I’ve never said) and then try and hold me accountable for your lies and projection? Your type are far bigger liars than Trump who you rant and rave about. So once again, go f*** yourself!
Jingles

Post by Jingles »

Biggest problem I can see with ammo vending machines is How are they going to verify the purchasers age?

Can only imagine what kind of a price will be on the ammo, even for the more common calibers, doubt there will be any of the more "exotic/formerly wildcat" calibers 22 Hornet , 22 Swift, 250-3000, heck can't even find some of the older calibers now (300 Savage). Reloaders have enough trouble getting components (primers, powder) now without those that will be stocking these machines unless the only items to be available will be from major manufacturers, i.e. Winchester, Remington, Federal.
Can also see a lot of abuse with the same thing happening with this as with legal(by age) purchasers buying beer for minors.
Yes I believe in the 2nd, and that it a person is old enough to vote or go to war (18) they should be able to purchase a firearm and ammo for said firearm, and alcohol but this is pushing the envelope to far.

Can't see this happening here in WA with the number of anti gun/ anti 2nd in this state
just-jim

Post by just-jim »

“Really who cares….” Completely illogical Ken logic….or is that logical Ken illogic?

- I bought a truck with a gun rack…..so school shootings are no big deal…

- Protect babies in the womb….but after that?….screw ‘em, they are on their own….!

- Most people who die by gun commit suicide ….so we dont need to worry about all the other people killed by guns.

Is it really any wonder someone who thinks like this buys into Guilty FELON donnie’s cr*p? I wonder just how many gun deaths are too many?

In the meantime….No one should have to fear getting killed while on vacation.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/art ... s-shooting

No worry….just keep shuffling along…everything is OK!!!
dorankj

Post by dorankj »

Really who cares, you can buy whatever ammunition in whatever amount for whatever gun you prefer…….if you can legally own said gun. And you can also drink whiskey before you go shooting! Ain’t freedom and the second amendment a hell of a thing we all kinda have to accept?
PAL

Post by PAL »

Hey, I was jus wonderin' if they would sell that for my gun.
Pearl Cherrington
dorankj

Post by dorankj »

So you were just posting neutrally Ray? Sure, right. To play on Ray’s faux outrage, ‘jeez PAL why throw whiskey and AR-15 into this?’ You obviously know very little about guns and gun statistics ( most murders are done with pistols and most shootings are suicide, the scary AR 15 is barely a blip on the statistics) but you gun grabber types are a super sensitive group!